Imprisoning God

I stumbled upon something incredible yesterday. It was a book that I'd never heard of it or seen it before in my house. Somehow it got lost in between the hundreds of books on the bookshelves.

I started flipping through the pages and discovered it was filled with amazing poetry, observations, and testimony of the glory of God. It is such a treasure, and I'll probably be posting several short quotes from it in the days to come.

Here's an excerpt that really caught my eye:
In your search for Me you read my word
You find me on every page,
But in your joy you imprison me
Like a bird within a cage.

The only way to keep your joy
To keep your joy in Me,
Is to share it today and everyday,
Share what I have given thee.

It's so simple yet profound. We don't have to be bold preachers or gifted musicians in order to spread the joy of God. Sharing the love of God is not reserved for only a few. Use what God has given you, whatever that is. A talent, a resource, or even a nugget of truth from His Word. Share it with somebody and keep your joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment