My Healer

The healing power of God cannot be overemphasized. Not just His ability to heal physical diseases or injury, but His unique capability to reach our souls and mend the things that medicine can't dream of touching.

Reading through the Old Testament prophets can be difficult sometimes. It's a awful feeling to read over and over again of Israel's failures, rebellion, and vicious acts of sin. It's even worse to see yourself reflected in those words. But God never convicts without giving hope; He never tears down without a chance to build up; He doesn't inflict injury without offering to heal.

 "I was enraged by their sinful greed; I punished them, and hid my face in anger, yet they kept on in their willful ways. I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to them." - Isaiah 57:17-18

This passage of healing is specifically speaking to those who are contrite (see Isaiah 57:15). "Contrite" people are those who weep over their wrongdoings and are filled with genuine sorrow for their sins. Throughout Jesus' ministry, He preached repentance over and over. This is because it is only those who are contrite that are capable of true repentance. And these are the people God will heal. Sometimes I find myself feeling spiritually lazy and slipping into a lifestyle that is not pleasing to God. During those times I need to pray for eyes to see my sin for what it is; I need to pray that God would allowed me to be mournful over my actions. When I can come to God broken and genuinely repentant, there is healing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment