Cares For Me

God's Spirit goes ahead and guides me. Other people who have thrown themselves into the River of God have been pushed by the Spirit to intercept my paths and carry me back to my Father.

The enemy tried to knock me down, but he knocked me into the River. Now I'm sinking in God's grace and being carried along faster and further than I can go on my own. I'm being carried to places too wonderful for me, seeing things angels long to look into, tasting grace I didn't earn.

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him. Or in my case, He cares for those who are rebellious but who will come to trust in Him someday. God tells His people "Now I will break the yoke from your neck and tear your shackles away." He's a God who sets us free. An invitation has been extended and the offer for salvation is on the table of the Lord. Not just salvation from sin, but salvation from the fruit of sin: suffering, worry, rage, shame, regret.

The River is the only way to the table and it starts at the cross.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oooo... nice!
Love that you got my favorite verse in there.
Nahum 1:7

Fortress Customer Experience said...

Two verses from Nahum actually, verse 13's in there too.

Post a Comment